View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 01:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine95 View Post
I agree with Lee. Get a referral to another doc, then run. I will say that I had cervical surgery and the surgeon said that he would be stablizing the neck. He said that a nerve would be decompressed which might give me some pain relief but not to get all excited over the possibility. When the dust settled and I was healed, I was pain free and remain so after 18 years. There is arthritic change now which occassionally produces spasm. It's infrequent and easily eliminated with moist heat and a good muscle rub.

My lumbar was another story. I have had five surgeries. Each one increased the pain. Best wishes.
Thanks for response! I am glad that the cervical surgery worked for you, it is too bad lumbar did not. Is lumbar harder to treat? I wonder if the surgery I may have has a better outcome record. I know that NFL football quarterback Peyton Manning had the same injury that I may have, and it was at the same level. They did the anterior cervical fusion and posterior surgery too on him. I am doing the 2nd opinion advised and I think I want to hold off on that surgery scheduled for 24th, at least hold off for now. I will update and thanks again!
ajhidell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote