View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks and more info

Hello Mark,

Thank you for all your very useful posts.

Yes, I am recovering from a concussion.

I was six weeks into working at a new job in a psych hospital for prisoners when a patient (who was handcuffed) attacked the staff. He leapt into the air kicking and was grabbed by the officers. He kicked me in the head (right frontal side) and right arm.

I was checked out medically then sent to the ER at a local hospital. I was sent home with a prescription for Vicodin and took the next day off. Work. Had a massive headache.

It was Valentine's Day 2012.

In February I was in and out of work; I had headaches but no cat scans or Other tests done.

I had to testify in court at the beginning of March for three days in a row (professional activity.). I noticed my word slippage and at the end of day two had a super massive headache. I was in dreadful pain and had bizarre lucid dreams that night - I finally got up at 4 a.m. And traveled back to my home to see the doctor. This got me in trouble with the judge but that's another tale.

They then diagnosed me with Post-Concussive Syndrome. They said it was a textbook case.

It took six weeks for workers comp to get me into the neurologist; the lesson there is that no one cares about your own health the way you do.

I am currently off work from my hospital job where I am a staff psychologist. I was out for all of March and April. I returned half time in May but by July could not handle increased hours.

What I am grateful for on this website is the discussion about fatigue. No one can seem to understand it except people who suffer from a concussion. Thanks!

Laura in CA
Laura G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote