View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow! Thank-you for your lovely insight Lee!

Yes. I have heard sciatica can have a number of causes. I guess the trick is finding which one I have, eh?

I don't have any low back pain that I can detect and the spinal/ lumbar MRIs were clean, so I wonder if my pain is due to one of the other causes? My doctors don't seem to think piriformis syndrome is my issue, either. I also haven't experienced any traumas/ falls since I was 6 yrs old and in a car accident (which didn't result in anything serious that we know of). My doctors seem to think the issue may be in the pelvic/ hamstring area, so hopefully the MRI there will show something. If not, do you know of the other potential causes? I have heard bone spurs can be an issue sometimes.

Sorry to hear you have these symptoms too and that you've had such a hard time with surgery. I can't even imagine how frustrating that is for you! I am glad to hear that you have finally found a combo of medications that work for you, though. That is great!! But 26 years in the waiting, oh my goodness! I have tried Lyrica in the past but it didn't seem to have any effect. I think I am going to ask my doctors to try a different nerve pain medication.

Yes. I am definitely trying the more conventional methods first. So far, I have tried:
-dry needling
-Active Release Therapy (ART) or deep tissue massage plus stretching
-myofascial release

These therapies sometimes help, but the pain always comes back eventually with more movement.

Currently, I am trying trigger point therapy (neuromuscular therapy). I had it done for the first time a few days ago. I noticed in the list under your post that you have tried it as well? So far, I have been having a hard time recovering from it. It seems to have brought on foot spasms and quite a bit of soreness. During the session, it was also quite painful. Did you find this?

I will try to get a copy of my MRI. Not really sure how to go about this yet, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again!
biobabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote