View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie D View Post
Hi, This leg buckling has happened to me on occasion. The surprise factor is the worst. It has happened pre ex and during but not every time. I have had the spasticity in both legs at night in bed occasionally for 10 years, but my left leg is the weaker as well. Thankfully it doesn't last for more than an hour. My calves have been getting painfully tight so I started doing stretches. Every a.m. I started doing slow, long lunges, and at night in bed, I lift each leg straight up and flex my foot. Lo and behold, I haven't had any leg issues at night since I started 3 months ago. That was a good surprise! Lol
Thank you so much for sharing Laurie. and for everyone else for being there (well, here!) with your experiences. I actually called my doctor's office today, and they insisted I go in this Wednesday. Would not take no for an answer. They'd have me in sooner if they weren't so jam packed with appointments with the kiddos going back to school very soon.

My right leg, surprisingly, was my spasticity nightmare today. Holy heck... wasn't even a very hot day either! Went with hubby to a dr. appointment, and went to get out of the car, only to almost fall over due to right leg seizing up. I told him to go ahead, I'd catch up. He was running a little too close to appointment time than I am comfortable with, he still hung around waiting for me anyway. lol... I hobbled to the door. Maybe I should get a placard after all like my neuro suggested a few years ago that I scoffed at and said I didn't need?

Long story short, dr. appointment moved to Wednesday. Need to make a laundry list up of symptoms.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (08-31-2012)