View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 06:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Measuring progress

Early on after my injury, like most people I got little help or support from the medical professionals. My family and I scoured the Internet and found many sources of information (especially this site) to describe the symptoms potential courses of action etc.

One of the sites ( can't remember which one ) had a list of common traits that head injury suffers indicate that are a problem. e.g. simple maths, repeating oneself etc. The idea being that you or your family use this list to give each item a score and then revisit it periodically.

I do mine every couple of months and have noticed - albeit subjective improvements in a number of areas. I don't take it terribly seriously but it does provide an indicator on progress and it does make you reflect on your own behavior and attitudes.

The version I use has around 120 measures and rather than post the entire list here is my summary and progress.

immediately Feb - Apr May-Jun Jul- Aug
Intellectual Impairments 215 182 172 157
Psychological Consequences 60 58 55 52
Mood Disorders 4 4 4 4
Physiological Impairments 90 85 82 81
Personality Alterations 46 45 45 34
Neurological Problems 75 65 60 57
TOTALS 988 896 854 783

I seem to be making progress in the majority of areas -obviously not as quick as I would like but I am happy with this

May be of interest to others - let me know and I will see if I can send you a copy
Lightrail11 (08-31-2012)