View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, I have some amalgam fillings and I don't have any symptoms or problems with mercury.

Most of the mercury ALA posts seem to revolve around the autism community. And I have seen papers going back to 40yrs from Europe that never bring this up as a risk.

The ALA doses are using the old racemic mixture, and those are quite high. Using the more efficient r-lipoic stabilized in 100mg a day is quite different IMO.

I would think that we'd see some damage if it were going to happen coming out of Japan. Japan uses lipoic acid heavily and is very touchy since the clioquinol (Vioform) B12 incident in the 70's and there are still law suits floating around from that one.

This Wiki article gives a good overview, and mentions, specific dosing for people using lipoic acid who have had amalgams removed only in reference to mercury. I would hope anyone undergoing this procedure would be seeing a holistic/integrative doctor for proper chelation. Typically succimer (chemet) is used in my area for this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoic_acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl View Post
One thing I've wondered...there have to be a bunch of people on this site who take lipoic acid and have the amalgam fillings. Surely this is the case? Has anyone who takes or has taken lipoic acid and has these fillings ever reported any issues here?

I would like to think that with as many people in the world who take lipoic acid and who have these type fillings that there would have been more reported incidents by now and this would have translated over to your webmd type sites if there were actually many cases of lipoic acid transporting mercury from then fillings to the brain and causing problems.

Wouldn't you think so?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote