View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 01:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Does it take longer to heal?

Hi y'all! (New photo from my daughter! She said the other one made me look like a grandma, Well, duh, I am a grandma!) This one is only a week old, taken by her cell phone.

Anyway, I scraped my hand on a box, while assembling toys for my granddaughters birthday party last week. Normally it would have scabbed over and healed by now. However, now that I have PN in my feet and hands, this is the first time I've cut myself in my hand. It took almost five days to scab over, and it seemed to start to get infected a bit before it scabbed over. It finally scabbed over, and it's only the size of a dime, not a big scrape, and not very deep. Of course it doesn't hurt, there isn't much feeling in that part of my hand. I guess I should have put antibiotic on it right away, but I didn't realize how insensitive my hands were until this incedent.

Just wondering if any of you have experienced the same. Slow healing of PN affected areas? My PN is Idiopathic, so it is not Diabetic related... not circulation related.

Thanks,

Terri
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote