View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 10:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Beautifully put, Mark (as usual)

My beloved and I are marriage coaches and I couldn't have put that any better than you did, Mark.

Saffy, this is two married males that are assuring you that sitting down and discussing this with your husband, as openly as possible, is the right answer. Please do this as the alternative of "no intimacy" within the marriage can have disasterous consequences. I'm not saying he would ever cheat on you...but resentment can build and the marriage be damaged. Seek his heart for you...as Mark said, he married you because of his love for you. As we get older none of us are as 'beautiful' as when we met/married...that's part of the beauty of the deepining of love that God puts in our hearts for each other. One of the courses we took (as Instructors to teach other couples) is "Couple Communication" and the one thing that was impressed upon me early is every relationship we have with another human being is based on ... communication. No matter what else is going on if we have good communication it can be the basis of understanding and healing. When/if that breaks down the relationship is damaged.

I hope I'm not being too hard on you...I know you don't know me nor I you...but I heard a pleading, hurting heart in there and felt like I really needed to respond.

DFW_Andy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-31-2012), ger715 (09-01-2012), JavaJan (09-04-2012), Mark56 (09-01-2012), Rrae (09-01-2012), Saffy (08-31-2012)