View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Andrea ~

You are TRULY an inspiration to everyone here! What you have endured should make all of us sit up and take notice! If you can go thru all that, I'm sure we can go thru out troubles & woes too!

I've been a chronic painer too for 26 years, and while I've had to deal with doctors thinking it was all in my head for years, it finally came to fruition that I had some herniated discs and nerve problems! After 2 open surgeries and a spinal cord stimulator implant and removal, I'm now left disabled since nothing went well. Next, patients like me have to deal with doctors who are scared to give medications to ease the pain cause they're either afraid of the DEA or they're afraid we'll get addicted!! As I'm sure you know, rarely any chronic pain patients get addicted to their meds, but still these docs don't adequately prescribe. So we are still left in chronic pain. And "paiin management doctors" don't like us after we've had everything done in their clinic -- they won't manage our drugs because they just "don't like to do that."

I've gotten a little cynical due to dealing with doctors. But my "newer" doctor isn't too bad, so things are looking up. I can't whine too much because of what I've just read that YOU went thru! So I think I'll shut up, and put my tail between my legs and become more humble!

Again, Andrea -- You will be a HUGE asset to this forum and I'm so glad you're here. God bless you and thank you for sharing! Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
andrea puskas (09-01-2012)