View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 02:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplaura View Post
I read the description of this, and being someone who suffers from Trigeminal Neuralgia, and knows the 'pain pattern' of TN, I will point out that my burning mouth syndrome is entirely different than this description of Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia.

This is like, type 1 attacks of sudden and stabbing TN pain, only not in the cranial nerve that runs down the face, cheek, ear, neck, rather the nerve 'network' servicing the mouth.

With that in mind, my burning mouth syndrome is much more like "Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia", in that I'm bilaterally affected, and the burning doesn't stop, except for some mornings when I first wake up and have an hour or so of relief (mild pain) before the pain really starts to return, reaching a crescendo around suppertime/in the early evening. It's there day in, day out, without 'remission'. There's always a degree of pain with my burning mouth syndrome, ever since it began in 2007.

Interesting read, and I can't fathom what Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia must feel like, knowing how dreadfully painful Trigeminal Neuralgia is.
Hi , Thank you for your reply it has been awhile since I have been on this forum. I am still suffering from my burning mouth. It does help to read other posts and to know I am not alone. People without bms and doctors do not understand how debilitating this illness is, sometimes it is all I can think of when it is at its worst. I will try anything to stop the burning I have been taking neruontin it does not stop the burning but helps to fall asleep. I do not eat alot of different foods I stay with the same food all the time which gets boring I love chocolate but it makes the burning so bad also the hydogenated foods which everything good has in it. I have been on my Rebiff for 2 years and has not helped with burning mouth. Maybe someday they will find an answer
bobbieoma54 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-31-2012), SallyC (08-31-2012)