View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 05:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all,
After losing my puppy, I feel heavily into the depression pit and found it hard to bring myself out. My partner decided to take me away for 8 glorious days on the beach in Far North Queensland. I spent last weekend booking a hotel and flights and spent the week organising our bags n food for the kids while we're away.
I did a last shop Thursday morning n was eagerly awaiting Friday to catch our flight out.
A quick insight into my "6th" sense. Many a time in my life I have woken from a sleep to the horrible feeling of dreed and doom and I cant shake it. With that feeling something will happen within 24 hrs. My partner always laughs it off and tells me to just "chill out". On Wednesday I woke with that feeling. I thought immediately about our holiday but decided this time not to say anything and put it down to being overly excited.
After my last shopping trip on Thursday I sat down and felt rather dizzy from all the rushing about. Our phone rang but I chose to ignore it. It went to voicemail. I heard a womans voice asking me to ring her urgently so I jumped up and picked up the phone. It was my wait list lady. I said to her "u better not be asking me in next week"... she paused and said I have good news for u, ur op is booked for Tuesday. I burst into tears as I was soooo looking forward to my holiday. My partner proceeded to cancel everything.
I now sit in wait for Tuesday, my bag is packed and my lappy loaded with movies as Im booked in a day before my op. I cant say Im eager to have this op, Im ***** scared and beyond nervous. I have talked with my youngest girl as I have decided I dont want her coming to hospital n seeing me all messy. She has been taught to cook several basic meals and will be keeping my side of the bed warm for my return. Mt eldest is moving back home on Sunday and my partner starts work ( a job he has been hoping for) on Monday. So its going to be a hectic few days but we are ready to go.
I look forward now to coming back here and letting u all know how textbook it was and that we are ready to start the whole process over again for the left side clipping.
Thank you everyone for the wonderful support, I really couldnt have gotten through this wait without it.
Heres hoping the chocolates will be overflowing and the pain is minimal.
See you all on the flipside!!!!
cass3765 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote