View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thinking surgery and scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesSirMam View Post
i just got back from UPMC and surgery. To quote a resident "it was complicated". seems trauma was the source and I had scarring they had to hack through. Sectioned the nervus intermedius and MVD'd pert near everything else. I have just an 'echo' of the old pain track and that is lightyears better! The side effects are slowly abating and not stabilized yet (unbalance, hearing, etc).
Should it ever have the gall to resurface, I'm right behind you in going thru it again. It's like a new lease on life. Oh, wait, it is a new life.

Let me know how you're doing!
Hello! I just made a appointment with Dr Horowitz at UPMC For this Tuesday. I have been suffering with this excruciating ear, throat, and neck pain for 12 years and am ready to try surgery. Sounds like I have Geniculate Neuralgia per the phone conversation, but have been treated for glossalpharengeal neuralgia for years...plus the years I was treated for a sore throat and everything else...so frustrating. Anyway I am terrified, but can't live like this. I actually have attacks where I look like a salivating, gagging, insane troll. Wish me luck!
On my last nerve is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote