View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:55 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi nopainever.

You don't know me and have no way to judge how much of what I say is real, vs blowing smoke. I can say that bullshitters usually find a cool reception here, and that I came here at the same time that a lot of others came over after the collapse of our former RSD site, and most people seem to like me. That's a good clue that I'm probably not a BSer.

I have studied RSD and neuropathic pain extensively, plus read nearly every post on this forum and at BrainTalk for the past nine years or so. Several members have reported being pregnant over the years and most of them have said they were able to stop using opiates without experiencing excruciating pain.

I recently watched a lecture on pain in women, and plan to watch it again in a little while so I can talk with some certainty about what was said, but the gist of it, regarding pregnancy and pain, was that hormones released during pregnancy had a dramatic effect on reducing pain.

This certainly corresponds with the reports of pregnant members here.

Opiates are not very effective against RSD pain anyway, so stopping them may not cause the problems you expect and fear. GABAergic drugs, like Gabapentin, Gabatril, Lamictal and Lyrica do moderate RSD pain, and I plan to write an article on how they work, but this isn't the time.

I suggest you talk to your doc about the potential risks of GABA drugs during pregnancy, and I'm betting that others; especially Kate (Cake) will be posting here to talk of their experiences and what they learned about these drugs and pregnancy.

I'm gonna stop for now, but I'll post again after reviewing that lecture. Others will certainly give you information, encouragement and support. For now, try to avoid "awfulizing" whats going on; I suspect that the reality is better than the pictures and scenarios going through your mind right now.

I can say without hesitation that if you have to have RSD while you're pregnant, you got lucky! You found the best RSD site and the best RSD people in the world, right here. Talk about good timing.

I believe in love at first sight, so I'm sending you my love and my prayers that your pregnancy will be a happy (under the circumstances) experience and your child will be healthy and happy...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :

Last edited by Vicc; 04-23-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: makes more sense now
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote