View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The place I go to uses disposable tools for the most part and a few items that get sterilized. the tub is always scrubby clean and dry when its my turn. They spritz a antibacterial spray across the tub, and chat with me about colors, weather and so forth. Then they rinse very well and fill the tub in front of me. They also use small lotion bottles for the lotions and oils they use so they dont sit and accumulate bacteria after being opened and exposed for weeks.

I went to visit my mother once and saw my sister had on flip flops which is odd for her. I commented on her choice and she showed me a very gross sore dug deeply into the bed of her big toe and it spread around to the under side. She said she almost lost her toe due to MRSA. SCARY! it took nearly six months for her toe to heal, and 8 different antibiotics before it finally started to heal. To this day her nail is all funny and warped from it.

I see those assembly line nail places at the mall and I cringe!

thank you for the reminder that just because it looks clean, doesnt mean it is. I hope you feel better quick.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (09-02-2012), ginnie (09-09-2012), Natalie8 (09-01-2012)