View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
You guys are great with clever tips and ideas. I'm looking for a way to reduce eye strain. I think "eye strain" can apply to different muscles. You can strain the muscles used to focus your eyes, or you can tire the muscles used to move your eyes back and forth, right?

Anyway, I need a pair of reading glasses to start. Holding the book close to my face with my glasses off is bad for two reasons: my hands and arms get tired, and my eyes have to sweep further back and forth to read a line. At least I think so. Does that make sense?

How about an e-reader like a Kindle? Small and light, magnifiable fonts...sound like a good idea? I hate to strain the family's budget (our family's budget is highly fatigable) for it if it's not going to work well for me, though. Any suggestions? Other suggestions for making reading easier on tired muscles?

Abby
I have a Kindle, but find Audible Books is even better, because I find that at times almost any eye movement plus trying to concentrate on what written is difficult. So, I can listen to Audible Books through my Kindle, but also Audible Books. Com through my Ipad/Iphone. Super application and use for us with MG effecting the eyes.
wgreen19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote