View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 01:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all I'm new here and can't seem to start a thread so I apologise for hijacking a thread in advance.Well I'm here because I had an accident at work with a wood preservative called (protim418v).Anyway I was taken to hospital as my hands went very red and stinging.Later a few small blisters appeared between my fingers so they were dressed and I was of wory for just over a week.

After my time off I returned to work in a different department away from the preserve but after only returning on the Monday by Tuesday lunch time my hands were swollen up red and itchy so I was again taken to hospital where I was given antihistamine tablets and hydrocortisone cream but none of this helped so my DR gave me steroid cream and sent me to a dermatologist who done patch testing all came back negative so they said it must be contact dermititis.My fingertips ar especially sore and even typing here is killing them.Now my Dr suspects some kind of nerve damage and has me on Amitriptoline and gabapentin while I wait to see a Neuroligist.Does this sound like nerve damage anyone here has?
Geordie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote