View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 06:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Should title this EMOTIONS: sic & tired

How & when do you say enough? Learning to live all of this is starting to get bothersome. Never been one to go to a Dr. office repeatedly, I am learning that I have no choice in this.

Neurologist office is starting to irrate the crap outta me. I never know WHEN to call them over calling my GP's office. I was told to call when something suspicious is happening. New symptom. Or something that I am unsure of.

This week I was running out of my pills. So I called a week in advance of running out. Not supposed to run out, as this could be hazardous, right?? So, they don't call back. So I called three days out of the last pill. Still no response. So I emailed my GP's office. Some other RN, not my PA's nurse, gets the email & has me verify that the Neurologist office didn't fill the script. WalMart pharmacy didn't have it. So, GP's office sends in a one-time, one month script. Only to have the Neurologist's office overright it (incorrectly as twice a day; versus the three times a day they made it last time).

Soooo, ok, call the Neuro's office again. Finally, my Dr's nurse calls back, leaves a message about calling the pharmacy & correcting the error. My insurance doesn't allow a correction to take effect until my next appt; so, I will effectively come close (seven days out) to running out again next time (for the corrected script to be picked up). Why don't they (GP's office) just co-ordinate by a simple phone call?

I used to be part of a dr's office & I guess things have changed...20 yrs is a long time. Maybe I just worked for an exceptionally kind practice? I'm sure lots of you out there have had this happen. I thought, maybe wrongly, that care was part emotional support & part keeping the body & mind healthy. I could be wrong.

Also, while on the subject of being pissy...well, I guess that is REALLY what this rant is about...how can a person, without meds, calm the heck down. I've noticed alot of times that my emotions flare out of control. I have always be a calm, level-headed, laid-back person...WTH is up with this???

Thanks for listening & be well~
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (09-02-2012), ANNagain (09-07-2012), dmplaura (09-02-2012), Erika (09-02-2012), Judy2 (09-03-2012), Mariel (09-02-2012), SallyC (09-01-2012)