View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 07:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
But you know; it bothers me more than my husband. If I didn't tell him all the things that have changed and is wrong with my body, he probably wouldn't notice. In fact, he looks at me ...like..."what are you talking about". He really does not see what I see. For me; it is vanity, vanity. I do try to fix my hair and face up with a bit of blush, etc. and look good to him. You know how I know.....He tells me so. And, I know he means it.

Karen, we have to love ourselves first. Your husband will love that person because she is okay with herself. I am willing to bet, he would love the feel of your holding him and loving him. Give him and yourself a chance. You are still the woman he fell in love with; but don't forget to love yourself as well. Okay??????

Gerry)
You really hit the nail on the head, Gerry. Ladies tend to fret over their own appearance far more than a (Godly) husband does. When I said, "ABSOLUTELY" when the Pastor said the vows preceeded with, "Do you (my name) etc." I meant it. A Godly husband takes the command to love his wife unconditionally and and sacrificially, and prays to do exactly that every day of his life, God has a way of answering that in a really big way (talk about praying within the will of the Father. We have the power of the Godhead backing us up when we pray within His will like that). And that love transcends physical appearance. When my bride says negative things about how much 'older' or 'overweight' it really bothers me.
DFW_Andy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (09-02-2012), Rrae (09-02-2012)