View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 09:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Speachless right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsieGrant View Post
I can hardly imagine having RSD for 21 years like you have...it's been 9 for me. I am only 22 and it already feels like my life is over before it even started. It is very difficult for me to walk and I use a cane, most days I feel like I am at least three times older and various other health problems have added themselves to the list. So many of your treatments I can relate to since I have had them too. Mostly just wanted to say hello since I am new here.
Hello Dear young Elsie,
I am just speachless right now seeing a 22 yr.old having to live this life.
Hurts my heart. And your family..God bless them for love and caring.
This is a family problem as I am sure you know. It is hard for them and they do feel pain for you just a different kind.

I know it doesn't help with the pain but...you have a life line here as opposed to the Dark Ages when NO ONE heard of this horror. Use this to learn, to help yourself stay on top of things, and for healing. Laugh, cry, cuss, but truth is...Yeah, you are practising being OLD. Gotta laugh at it or ya just will cry.

I am new here and so grateful to see eyes being opened and hearts being healed by way of support. It took almost 8 years for me to find anyone who had this JUNK. RSDHope was my first life-line and bless them for their efforts.

I had to move to Fl in mid 90's as I was looseing my home and ability to care for myself and my home. I needed my Mommy.
This is when I learned how to use a computer. Found RSDHope and began going to medical seminar for RSD.
Hoosmand and Schwartz were the top men at the time (still are in my book)
and what a wealth of knowledge I recieved.
That was when my legal ssues really got heavy and I had done my homework so had that info in hand to fight back with the FDA, SS, W/C lawyers and try to help my family understand that Andrea still lives in this body, she is just different.
Swimming and alternative care got me back on my feet and help form Mom and friends pushed me to be more active in the RSD world and my own world. I realized I have to keep my passions going. And what a better place than Sunny Fl. the land of fishing and NASCAR racing.
Doing the race track in a wheel chair was not my dream but got to live it and rose above this disability. I got to ride in Dale Ernharts car doing 3 laps around Daytona track at 150 mph +.....dream come true!.
And caught a Blue Marlin to hang on the wll. What a day at sea that was.

See, this is what hurts my heart. I have lived.
I am old in comparision to you Dear one. I have done things in life people only dream about. I've had a full life before this happened and during.
I just don't know what to tell you.
I can only assure you that I have tears steaming down right now for you, and you are in my prayers.

Please get back to me and share a little of what your life is doing OK?
I will tell you that above all the meds and treatments, use your sence of humor as much as you can. Laugh and dream of the time when your miracle will unfold for you. The endorphines of laughter are so healing. I have a picture of them and use them every chance I get.

That is probably why my closest friends call me Crazy Lady. You become crazy trying to live with this. I have worked at turning it around and making a joke of it and the System with their Quote-Treatments. The frustration of the system is part of the mess and just too great to put alot of time into.

They try to sell us FIX, and too often maintainance is all there is.....
Gotta get moveing and get to church. Give thanks where thanks is due.

Keep faith in as much as this is just temporary. Everything for a reason.
You will be ok and live thru this. God has a plan for you young one.
Beleive these things and trust that time will change and you will move forward in a wonderful direction that you have not even imagined.

By the time ya get to my age you will be Queen of the Bingo. You will be pracised up with your canes and you can out run all the gabby old ladies. lol.
RSD does not kill our Humor sensors; only we can do that.
Much love to you today and very blessed to know you.
Keep truckin Girl, you will get there. Talk again soon.

Peace & LUV, Andrea RSD from MARS with LUV.
Lending Unity for Victory
andrea puskas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-07-2012)