View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I do tend to heal more slowly on certain parts of may body since the neuropathy began

--but not on others; my hands, for instance, heal very rapidly, by my lower exteremities, less so. And I have full body acute onset small-fiber problems with symptoms everywhere, so it's hard to attribute this to length-dependent die-back factors--ESPECIALLY as my skin biopsies have been showing slow re-enervation.

This may have little to do with neuropathy, of course--it can be due to many other factors, including circulatory ones that are not neurologically based. (I wondered if I may have the beginnings of peripheral artery disease, but given my exercise levels and low triglycerides, the endocrinologist doesn't think that's too likely.)

I do suspect, though, that many with "idiopathic" small or mixed-fiber syndromes might have patchy healing problems due to circulation compromise, as the autonomic fibers that control blood vessel expansion/dilation are of the small-fiber variety, and some may be damaged. It is not uncommon for people with painful small-fiber neuropathies to have autonomic symptoms (blood pressure, sweating abnormalities, etc.), though these are typically mild (often "sub-clinical"), and if that's the case, it's not hard to imagine some patchy blood vessel compromise that might slow healing.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote