View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 01:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

We can all relate to what you are struggling with, it's very difficult and very hard to get "normals" to understand, I've tried countless analogies and explanation but everyone has some sort of smart *** answer.

"It feels like I haven't slept for days"
"Well then why not take a nap?!?"

Ugggg

There is no need to compare with us "I've haven't had it as long as you guys" etc

Having PCS for one day is a day to long.
We are here to support you and to listen to you.
Don't ever feel like you are bothering us - if you have questions - ASK
If you want to vent - VENT

It's good that you are receiving treatment but if you delve into these forum you will find most people have had a difficult time with doctors.
Look around the forum but the basic advise is as such

Start taking vitamins - I was pretty skeptical about this at first but the logic is sound, if your brain is healing - why not give it the things it needs to heal

A good multivitamin - B12 - Omega 3-6-9

Eat a healthy diet - No crap
No MSG
No artificial sweeteners (aspartame etc)
No caffeine
No alcohol
No tobacco
No drugs
(I'm not suggesting you do these things - I just want my list to be complete)

Most people report bad symptoms after eating high sugar products - A soda will usually make me feel worse for a few hours

Ensure you are well hydrated - This is very important
Lots of sleep

Try to create a low stimulation environment
Minimize "screen time" TV - Computer - txting etc
No loud noises or bright lights
A lot of us listen to audiobooks to pass the time
No physical exertion or lifting

I'm sorry - this is a very depressing list but its best you know now early in your recovery instead of having to figure this all out as you go.

The final and most important thing on this list is DO NOT HIT YOUR HEAD AGAIN - I suffered a concussion on December 4th 2011 - I recovered in 2 weeks. February 29th 2012 I hit my head again (not very hard) and I've been symptomatic ever since. Things are slowly improving but nobody can tell me when or if it will ever fully go away. I live my life day to day thankful for the functionality that I do still have. This is a humbling experience. Feel free to PM me or respond if you have any questions.

We are here to support you and answer any questions you may have!
Don't hesitate to ask or if you just want to spill your beans then feel free. Nobody will judge you here

Best of Luck!
windseeker242 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thorx89 (09-29-2014)