Thread: Pulse Oximeter
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good question! When I first started having problems with breathing, I would go to the ER. They would send me to the back fairly quickly, because they could see I was having trouble breathing (if they didn't think it was a panic attack!). But, by the time the doc got there, I was doing much better because I had rested and I was in a place where I felt that if I did stop breathing, they could do something about it so I felt safer.

As time went on and I got more experience, I learned what to do when I'm having difficulty breathing. I've discovered it has a lot to do with any other symptoms I might be having. As an example, if I have a sinus infection and start to have difficulty breathing, I better go the ER since it is probably my immune system kicking in.

If I am having problems breathing because I just took a shower, rest will usually get me back on track. However, if I have several of this type of problem over 3-4 days, I call my neuro because something else is going on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone has to learn their own body and symptoms. In any case, it is better to the ER than to stop breathing at home!!!
Juanitad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (09-04-2012)