View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I don't know how they do the spinal taps differently here but I was never give those precautions even though I was an RN. When I had my first one I went into some kind of hypertensive crisis at work. They took me own to ER in a wheel chair. I neer realized how bumpy a hospital floor is until you are wheeled down it with a sever headache. They eventually did a spinal. The first I have ever had. They told me to go home, drink lots of fluid and use a bedpan during the night. Hah, hah. I have a water bed. How in the wolrd can you use a fracture bedpan while on a water bed. And the other two beds in the house were the free wave water beds. But all went well and we got up the next morning and went to Disney World. I'm sure glad I packed before ai went to work the eve before.

The next time was part of a diagnosis when in the hospital at the time of my diagnosis. I was sent down to xray on a cart but they had me hop off of the cart and walk to bed and I walked to the bathroom whenever I wanted. The third time was an outpatient and they didn't say one thing.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
carbreezy (09-04-2012)