View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I did it !!!

I have never posted on a forum like this before but if this can help one person it will be worth it. Over 2 weeks ago I broke my left leg in 2 places and my left ankle. I won't go into all the details but truckloads of pain relief (without relief) and 1 week of not being able to even think because of the pain I was diagnosed with CRPS. I had never heard of it before so googled it and cried for 1 whole day. They put me on a ketamine drip for 2 days which helped me think a bit more clearly. That was one week ago. My pain relief team were brilliant. The head anesthetist told me on day one of diagnoses that being upset makes the pain worse and that I had to feel calm for the best possible result. He advised me to meditate and that so much of this is connected to the mind. On day 2 - after diagnosis I decided that no matter what, I was going to fully recover. Having CRPS was not an option for me and only health was. I have never been more determined about anything in my whole life. I told the doctors I would be home from hospital by Saturday and that I would be fully recovered. They tried to advise me of the negative things that could happen when the drip came off and that I shouldn't get my hopes up about leaving hospital so soon. I told them I didn't want to hear. They told me that I had to have a spinal block and I told them I wouldn't need it. The day the drip came off I imagined all day what it would feel like to have no pain (apart from the normal fractured bone pain). I practiced the feeling of being healthy. I wrote pages about all of the good things that happened as a result of breaking my leg as I have never appreciated my life this much ever. I started to know that I would be fine. They took the drip off at 8.20pm and after I watched the clock for 30 minutes I cried and cried with relief and joy as I knew I was cured. There was no pain. I did it. The doctors came the following morning and saw me beaming from ear to ear. I went home that evening on my crutches. I've been home for 3 days now and I'm fine. I still have the recovery of my ankle and leg but I can do it easily. I fully intend to be running within 4 weeks and when I go to see my surgeon in a month I want him to be scratching his head in surprise as I'm not even supposed to be walking by then.
I am a very positive person and I was so determined to do this. I know that the power of the mind is beyond the power of everything. I believe that with our thoughts we emit vibrational signals and we live the result of these signals. The only signal I gave off after my diagnoses was health. Nothing else was an option. I kept telling myself I was cured. It worked and I expected it to. This might seem far fetched and not for everyone but each to their own. This worked for me and maybe it can show someone that it's possible to recover quickly no matter what the diagnosis is or what your doctor might say.
Happy recovery to all of you readers - how would you feel if you were cured ??
Liz
Happyme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rachel's daugther (10-02-2012), visioniosiv (06-12-2014)