Old 09-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Try this reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmitoylethanolamide

It appears that PEA works on cannabinoid systems (marijuana).

Not much in the way of human trials however, and they were small, and required at least 2 months to see effects.

I could not find anything "alarming" about this substance but I remain guarded that it will actually work. Also on their main website was a fellow who had his confiscated by customs. Then the supplier claims..."all fixed".

I am slowly watching this video...the 3rd link in your post.
The presenter is going very fast... but I just saw him say...
PEA is effective in MULTIMODAL use...meaning used with other treatments. Also I am getting the feeling you will need to take it all the time. That its effects will wear off if you discontinue. But I am still watching...I have on pause now to have some breakfast.

If you believe the YouTubes (and there are many on the net with "believeable" things), nothing is stopping you from trying it.
I try things after long consideration myself, and some have been very successful for me. You could be our first guinea pig with Normast!

Also the study in this video and the topic involved sciatic pain. Keep that in mind. Allodynia may be different.

There are some new postings on the net regarding low dose Benadryl (5mg every 4-6 hrs) as suppressing inflammation due to MS (improving functions). It is thought that it reduces inflammation of mitochondria, at this time.
It is about 1/2 teaspoonful of children's liquid Benadryl. Since it seems to work for MS lesions, it may help with other nerve inflammatory problems.
That video showed some histamine receptors in the glial as possibly problematic.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-03-2012 at 07:20 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote