View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi LVincent,

I think he should see his dentist asap or an oral surgeon to evaluate the swelling under his chin. Having several teeth removed at one time is a lot for the person and their mouth to go through. But in most cases, the mouth looks pretty good by the second week in comparison to the first week and there should not be any new swelling anywhere.

Is he wearing immediate dentures? Is he rinsing with warm salt water several times a day?

Sometimes certain medical conditions (heart or diabetes) and/or medications can affect the healing of oral surgery. Does he fit into either of those categories?

Bryanna
Thanks so much. No I don't feel like he has any heart issues and he is not diabetic. We went for the same reason on Friday and they just said he had blood bruising. Today not a good day at all. Says his head is hurting and cannot wear his dentures very long and he is very swollen under his chin. Yes he did get the immediate dentures and he will have them for 6 months until he gets his permanent ones. I don't know what to do. I will try and call an oral surgeon tomorrow and see if he can get in this week. The problem is, our daughter is getting married this weekend out of town. Of course, the dentist told him he would be better in 3 days so that's why he decided to go ahead and do it but now it has been 8 days and no relief. Do you think he should see a general practitioner? His mother is pushing for that but I'm thinking he should go back to the dentist or an oral surgeon better.
LVincent is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote