View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Heart Hi Leesa

Oh yes, I do know how hard it is. I had visited my uncle John who was dying of emphasema. He was on O2 at the time. The last thing he said to me was to please quit smoking, and to be good. Well at his house which is in MA. I dumped the cigs in the trash. I had a 1500 mile drive home cold turkey. I cussed at myself, cried, ranted and raved the whole way home. Mostly I was mad at myself for being in this pickle and addicted to begin with. Terrible ride home, even the cat wouldn't sit on my lap, but stayed hidden in the back. Too much yelling going on for him! I never picked one up after that, no joke, not one time. My dad had asked me to do the same a year before, when he died of thoat cancer. It took both their deaths to get me to do it.

So my dear Leesa, I have great empathy for you right now. Be strong, and do this thing. I am rooting for you right now, cheering you on. I will keep you in my toughts and prayers too.

Please do the same for me. After 10 years on Morphine, I decided I can be a bit braver, expept a little pain, and get off that drug. It is a poopy process, and I can't wait to be done with it. Doc is helping me through it. Feels much the same way as it did giving up cigs, only with chills, sweats etc, rappidly going from one to the other. Weird. You just feel like crap. So I am with you in this struggle to get on a better track. Keep in touch and we will both try hard to be rid of those things that are not doing us any good. I made the decision about 3 months ago, after experiencing an activity with no pain at all. I knew then, I needed off this med. Lets keep in touch and see how our progress goes.

Have heart that we both can change for the better. Don't give up or give in, and I won't either. Take care Lessa...you were the first to respond to me two years ago when I joined NT. You gave me such hope at that time!!!!! ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote