View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Chris,

Rest was and has been difficult for me. I ended up with some pretty severe insomnia after the head injury.

The anxiety was likely my main insomnia issue and eventually gave in that I could not control it and my Dr prescribed me Lexapro. It seems to help as my levels have gone down quite a bit, as a side bonus my mind seemed to get stuck on a single thought all evening and could not stop. If I thought about washing the car I would get that stuck in a loop over and over again while laying in bed, that went away on Lexapro as well or at least at the same time.

If your levels of anxiety are manageable, perhaps you can access a naturopathic doctor in your area to look for a natural/homeopathic method to address the anxiety? She also put me on a vitamin program similar to Mark's recommendations using my bloodwork to make adjustments.

To get me to rest properly now that the anxiety is mostly addressed I ended up developing a routine at home. I bought blue light blocking glasses, you can likely google "Blue blocking" or "Insomnia and blue lights". I started wearing a pair of glasses that block this so called "blue light" and listen to Binaural beats for 30 in to aid in sleep. By the end of the 30 minutes I am very sleepy. I am not advocating this regime but it was what I was able to get to work for me.

I just had to build a routine, you could read some tax laws if your looking for boring material :-)

I can't speak about the hottub, I did notice a hot bath for me seemed to exacerbate my headaches in my early stages.
srgallan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote