View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MMI settlement

Laws for the states vary. But I had read that if you have been injured on the job then at settlement ask for the next level up. I.E. lost a finger ask for hand, lost a hand ask for arm. In your case that may mean your back which could well be total disability. The reason for doing so is if you reinjure that arm most states do not allow you to seek compensation twice for one injury. That includes injury in another state.

Yeah it really sucks. If you need more time and the MMI is days away ask for a delay and speak with your lawyer. If the lawyer is not co-operative tell him/her you will not sign anything you do not understand and explain your resevations. I recommend you take someone you trust with you to every dr and lawyer visit. Make them explain to your understanding it is your right as a patient and the lawyer is getting paid to do it. My wife goes with me as my memory is not as good as it used to be.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fishpoker10 (09-26-2012)