View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 06:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

aliciaj : I personally know many success stories and sit and talked with them. Including some seniors - especially one gentleman who had a tbi at age 70s, brain surgery and had symptoms for 3 months and now he is about 90+, drinks few glasses of wine everyday, do yoga etc., He has age related issues but nothing like we all going thru. Relatives also had concussion to moderate to severe tbi. Except severe tbi all recovered completely. One cousin even is an alcoholic had moderate tbi and recently had another concussion and again recovered and went back to his nasty habits.

Only severe tbi person(brain stem damage) has some serious issues like short term memory loss (like in the movies where she forgets everything in 30 mins or so), cannot use one side of body efficiently. She is about in late 60s. But no headaches, dizziness, stimulation issues, pain, no depression etc., She travels, goes to social functions and lives a pretty decent life. I can go on since I know quite a few. Even they all confused about my symptoms prolonging for this many years (3+)

Only in the forums and cyberworld I meet PCS folks. The reason I suffer is because of bad Karma I think.

Cheers!
Mokey (12-06-2012)