View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 4 Concussions Later, I need your help.

I'm Zack and I'm an avid athlete in high school. I have had my fair share of concussions in life playing the likes of football and baseball. My most recent football has put me at the crossroads of my life and I need some of your intelligent advice.

I have had 4 concussions since I was was 7, and I am now 15. When I was seven I had a severe concussion. Missed 2 weeks of school, and a month of baseball. I lost consciousness for about 5 minutes, and do not remember any of the 30 minute ride to the hospital. When I was 11, I again received a concussion, this time snow boarding. Be it the beginning of winter break I missed no school but was inactive for just over a week. This time last year, when I was 14, I was playing football and took a knee to the side of my head. It knocked me out of 3 days of school and I missed 4 games. Then again this year, 2 and a half weeks ago I was blind sided and hit in the head at football practice. I missed the next day of school, Friday, and the following Monday. I still haven't been cleared to this point.

My dilema now is whether or not I can continue to play football after these 4 concussions, and if I can, what would I be risking going back if I got another one? Thank you for all your help.
CountyKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote