View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

About all I can say right now is that it is sure a tough time right now. I remember those times way back in 1997. I am an RN so I knew a little but not enough. And my books were from the dark ages which made it worst. So if you do any research make sure it is recent. Steroids have helped me immensly. But a lot of people say that you may get the same result if you wait a long enough time. I prefer to get the results NOW! My neurologist prefers me to keep my use of steroids for her only so that's what I do. Back 'in the days' you could self infuse the cortisone at home. A home health nurse would help you get it starte and you did it yourself every time. But the last time I had it I had to go into a same day unit every day for 3 days. What a hospital bill.Thank God for insurance. Your local MS society will help you immensly. There are books written especially for the newcomers to MS, also for the spouse and for the children. Most MS societies will hook you up with some one your age that can be a mentor. It can be at what ever level you want, a best buddy or an occasional phone call.

Good luck, come back often and let us know how it goes. It' been a long ime wince some of us has gone to an MS center so we don't know what happens there anymore. So that in itself will help us. Also if you want to laugh or talk about your family and this go over to our other MS page, the stumble inn. There you will find anything and everything. Our entire life affects MS and MS affects our entire life so everything is pertinent over there

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (09-05-2012), Jodi2225 (09-04-2012), SallyC (09-04-2012)