View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool reply to your posting...

I truly think you need to stop the physical sports that is causing any form of damage to your brain...And yes, I mean, "Damage." I believe your causing Neuro-connections damages to your brain when your head gets hit hard. Your remember Mohammad Ali, right? Well, take a look at his condition before he died, from his head getting hit from boxing. His condition was caused by the direct hits his head sustained from other boxers when he fought. And his head was hit on the both sides, the forehead (frontal-lobe), etc thru boxing hits....Well, find some sort of online video showing him talking on TV and you can see his brain acquired alot of damage. Remember, in those days not much was known about TBI. What we know now is Fact.....I have TBI since 2008 from an ATV Cycle accident. I have Severe TBI due to the fact I was in a deep coma for 3 months in Sept 2008 from my accident. I almost died many times while in coma...and I also had 2-3 strokes while in my coma. Find something else to do...sports wise....the hard hitting on your head is causing neuro-damage of many types throughout many parts of your brain...think about it...the brain sits inside our skull like slightly-hardened jello....it shakes and rattles inside our skulls when you get hit hard....Put something inside a jar and shake it back and forth....Basically, our brain does the same thing...sort of.....The problem is, our brain gray matter contains approximately 1 billion cells which are extremely damaging due to injury. Believe me, unless you want to end up sort of like Ali, do something else in sports..okay? It's your call....Your choice....Do the right thing..I'm sure your parents would be happy you do! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountyKid View Post
I'm Zack and I'm an avid athlete in high school. I have had my fair share of concussions in life playing the likes of football and baseball. My most recent football has put me at the crossroads of my life and I need some of your intelligent advice.

I have had 4 concussions since I was was 7, and I am now 15. When I was seven I had a severe concussion. Missed 2 weeks of school, and a month of baseball. I lost consciousness for about 5 minutes, and do not remember any of the 30 minute ride to the hospital. When I was 11, I again received a concussion, this time snow boarding. Be it the beginning of winter break I missed no school but was inactive for just over a week. This time last year, when I was 14, I was playing football and took a knee to the side of my head. It knocked me out of 3 days of school and I missed 4 games. Then again this year, 2 and a half weeks ago I was blind sided and hit in the head at football practice. I missed the next day of school, Friday, and the following Monday. I still haven't been cleared to this point.

My dilema now is whether or not I can continue to play football after these 4 concussions, and if I can, what would I be risking going back if I got another one? Thank you for all your help.
perocker56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote