View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My story

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb7878 View Post
Hi, It's helpful to read about everyone's experiences and post-concussion syndrome really is a difficult thing to have. Just over 3 months ago, I tripped on a step and hit my head. I'm still dizzy, am exhausted, can only manage short walks and have had a few anxiety attacks. I can't believe all this is happening from one fall! I've been working with many doctors and have been doing everything from western medicine to cranial sacral to acupuncture. I am far from being able to work (teaching childrens theater) and try to focus on the small improvements but get discouraged often. It's hard to be patient when this is taking so long and I feel so limited in what I can do. Any suggestions? Thank you.
I just wanted you to hear my story and hope that it can offer some hope to you to let you know that your not the only person that is going through something that can be debilitating as this. I was working out in Colorado and recently got hit playing basketball going up for an alley oop. I was 227 pds at the time and am currently 190. I have seen multiple doctors who told me that this just has to work itself out. You know you wanna wake up everyone morning and the symptoms will be gone but there not. I been at my parents home for over a month now trying to recover from this concussion. I've had it for over three months and have searched for an answer b/c I just want to know what is wrong with me and what I can do to help my situation. Some of the symptoms I have are high anxiety, fogginess, vision problems, concentration, fatigue, appetite problems, depression, and etc. I was told by my doctor to eat right, exercise, lift light weights, and get alot of rest. This is the hardest thing that I've ever done in my life. Some things that I can tell you not to do is drink alcohol, don't try to do multiple things at once. Try to relax and keep your mind occupied with simple tasks. This has taken me to depths in my mind I'd never thought I go, but having family support and hope that it will go away is advice I can give. I had a couple when I was younger, but the experience that I'm having with this is beyond the craziest thing I been through. Stretch everyday, do simple tasks, importantly talk about it with people b/c it's hard for them to understand what your actually going through on daily basis.
magicman27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-06-2012)