View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 03:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Will I need Surgery MRI Reading Help Please

MRI: Mild desiccation of the disc is apparent at C3/3.At C3/4, there appears to be a small right posterolateral disc osteophyte complex causing moderate narrowing of the right inter-vertebral neutral foramen. At C4/5, desiccation of the disc is present without disc herniation,spinal stenosis or nerve root compression, although there is some minimal right-sided foraminal narrowing due to disc osteophyte complex.

The C5/6 disc shows a broad-based right paracentral posterior disc herniation with compression of the thecal sac and spinal cord resulting in spinal stenosis with the AP mid-sagittal diameter of the spinal canal being narrowed to approximately 5mm, Myelomalacia is not clearly identified. The broad-based disc protrusion results in moderate to severe right lateral recess and foraminal stenosis as well which may result in right C6 radiculopathy and milder narrowing of the left lateral recess is also noted.

P.S. I have been off of work and I am very much pain.I live in Ontario and a good Neurologist appointment. is a 2-3 year wait. I believe the second paragraph would be the one giving me much grief. Does that one look like I would require surgery to fix? or would some sort of therapy fix it?

Thank you so much, this is my first post, and hope I did it correct,
Kim
Checker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gracemary (10-08-2012)