Old 09-19-2006, 10:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braindrain View Post
I think at least part of it is a "just in case" issue. I'm sure that the other
part is, well, you know...

Oh, yeah, about the cigarette taxes: my mother buys her cigarettes in
Delaware, because it's a tax-free state.

What Social Security should do is base the amount of money a person
gets on the expenses they have. Show me one person who can afford
a house, food and clothing on a little over $600 a month! I can't even
afford the Medicare Part B deductible, which is why I'm still on my father's
insurance. At the very least, Social Security should work with low income
individuals to help them get into affordable housing programs. The way
I see it, Social Security fails to understand that medical conditions cost
money...beyond the so-called "cost of living".
JMHO, what they should have done a long time ago was take a servey of all the "lucky recieptients" add that number up divide it up by person who gets it
You might be surprised. We all could be getting more out of the deal.

Oh yeah, I know for a fact that my Aunt (someone who is pretty much the bane of my mom's and my existance) has put her two youngest kids on SS.... Is it me or does that seem right? I am thinking no becaus they're not adults yet (21). They don't have limitations of any kind. They're not even old enough to DRIVE. (Does that seem fair the the recipients or the ones who actually NEED it who were turned down?) The only "disability" thoose two have is the fact that thier mother (my aunt) acts like she's living in outer space. (space cadette. Belive me, you don't want to know. )

JMHO. They need to stop doing this kind of thing and putting KIDS on the system because thoose kids may be able to rise above thier disadavantages (a rough family life) and make something of themselves. It's almost like they get a "free pass" to be total unproductive citezens. (That's what all thoose scholarships are for. To help kids wiether or not disavantaged, to get to college.

Who knows, one of theese kids could be the person that finds the cure for hydro that can reverse what has happened to the current hydro population as well and create a vaccine or something given to the mother once she knows she's pregnat to PREVENT it from happening; (Being born with it.)

Again, I hope you don't get angry reading what I am saying.... but if the whole story I just typed up happens often. It's just not right. In fact, I don't feel right being on the system because my hydrocephalus NEVER acts up. (Well, on rare occasion.)

Take care
sjp_fanatic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote