View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow lots of interesting tips! Think I need to go thru and read in the morning when I'm more alert and have my handy dandy note book with me to write them down!.

Thought I'd share my little trick I use for for my arm. I have Ulnar Nerve damage, RSD, CPRS, Nueropathy, etc. in my right arm. My arm despises the cold of any sort and lets me know it immediately, when the slightest cool breeze or slight drop in tempature. Basically my arm starts to spasm which then sets of "zingers" which then sets of the pins and needles to spread from my pinkie and ring finger to my whole arm.

So in order to avoid this, I went on a search after watching a football game and saw some players with this thing on their arm(s) and also, remember seeing basketball players wear them too. But the sleeves those athletes wear are made of neoprene, which can be very tight, which for me is not a good thing cause even sweaters and sweatshirts irritate my arm and also those sleeves are very expensive. But I stumbled upon this cool thing called a "tattoo Sleeve" on ebay. Its basically a cotton sleeve, almost like its cut off from a long sleeve shirt except the top that goes up on the bicep has an elastic that can be stretched out ( I had my husband wear the sleeves for me to stretch them out since I have little arms) and the part that goes by your wrist is neatly cuffed. I believe they come in different sizes but not positive, its been years since I ordered them. I cut a whole at the seam for my thumb to go thru so the sleeve covers my hand and part of my fingers. I bought 2 sets of 2 for $7 or $8 ea set which included shipping. That was 5yrs ago. They were white and I kept one white and dyed the others different colors to go with my wardrobe. I also, find it helps me with my anxiety when I do venture out in public especially on warm days when everyone is wearing t-shirts and tank tops, my sleeve stands out! It makes me feel like my arm is wrapped in a secure blankie but unfortunately it doesn't stop unruly kids from running into you or ramming a stroller or a shopping carriage into my arm either.

I am just now needing new ones as these are worn almost everyday and they are machine washable and machine dry-able too! I am currently collecting remanents from material I buy for other sewing projects to try and make my own. not sure how well it will go as I wasn't a good sewer before my injury and am a worse one since, worst case I buy some new ones.

Hope my tip helps someone!

TTFN The Scrapoholic aka Jill
TheScrapoholic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stressedout (09-05-2012)