View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 10:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You will find lots more here if you keep posting and plundering around.

Keep looking. Keep asking questions. Well thought out questions are a must when going to a doctor's visit. Don't waste your window of time. It's tough out there in the medical jungle.

It is so frustrating not having an understanding. It is half the cure, you know.

One more thing I'll share. My arms were killing me. I have cervical herniations and bulges, bilateral thoracic outlet and bilateral scalene involvement. At one point in my 7 1/2 years of hell (I don't want to discourage you by that time frame) I found comfort in knowing that my arms were not going to explode or fall off... however dumb that may sound to some, I did find comfort in that.

I also learned, through Julestro http://www.julstro.com/ not to say "My scalenes are killing me" or "my arms are killing me." The mind is very receptive to negative... be careful what you say, or how you say it, maybe. I now say, "Oh, those darn scalenes are acting up." a much lighter tone.

In the healing process, I tried lots of things. Kinesio tape, balls, twist boards, spinal alignment boards, inversion table, so many things. I do attribute more of my healing to LED and infrared light therapy pads. I would enlighten you about those if you're interested. I've just never had time to start a business with them. I dabble in it, because I want to get help to people who are suffering.

Everyone is different and unique. What helps one may not help another. So I also learned to grade things as postive or negative. Your body knows... things may not make sense today, but if you keep the journal, you can look back and say, "Ah. so that was why that was happening."

Hang in there...(BW)

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Amy Kate (09-05-2012)