View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 1st app denied and sent to AC, 2nd app approved immediately, both combined n remanded

Applied for SS disability in 2007. Case was denied by SS, then denied reconsideration and denied by ALJ in 2010. Case was appealed to AC. New application was filed effective day after 1st ALJ denial. New case was approved by SS almost immediately. After 1 year of 1st ALJ denial, it was remanded back to ALJ by AC and combined both 1st and 2nd applications. Have been receiving benefits for 18 months that are now in jeopardy if ALJ rules against both applications. AC cited the inconsistency of 2nd approval effective day after 1st ALJ denial, along with judge's not giving enough weight to psychiatrists RFC and not considering my alcoholism ( I never admitted to even drinking in 1st hearing???).
Has anyone been thru this or know anyone who has? what was the outcome? What should I expect? As far as I know, SS nor AC or ALJ have asked for any additional medical reports, although MRI showing degenerative disc disease was forwarded to AC a year ago. My case is a combined psych/physical.
Bewildered is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote