View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 12:49 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
So have these improvements been due to the LDN or a remission? I had to find this out for myself, for along with wanting to satisfy my academic curiosity, I also wanted to differentiate between a remission and the effect of LDN. If I could get that information, there was the potential of discontinuing with the LDN if the improvements were due to a remission even if the LDN had fostered it.
Yes, I know that it is not recommended to discontinue LDN from what I have read on this thread, but it is still a drug and I would prefer to not be taking anything if at all possible.
So 3 days ago I stopped the LDN...and resumed taking it yesterday.

In short, I am now of the opinion that the improvements are due to both the LDN and a potential remission; but within the first 24 hours of the first missed dose, I was already having cognitive issues (memory mostly), general incoordination and muscular weakness, visual blurriness and whole body fatigue.

Along with that, an ankle that had become swollen and sore (apparently due to an infection and sprain) three weeks ago, flared up immediately within that 24 hours.
It had begun to improve over the last week, but I am now packing it in ice several times a day and through the night, as well as using a topical anti-inflammatory in an attempt to bring the heat, swelling and pain under control once again.
If these measures don't work more than they have since starting them 2 days ago, I will likely be looking at another round of antibiotics and/or some other form of treatment; as it is difficult and very painful to walk with it.

With love, Erika
IDIOT!!! I cudda told ye that would happen.
No matter what the non-believers say, that Placibo is strong medicine..

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (09-05-2012), Mariel (09-06-2012)