View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 01:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bny806 View Post
thanks so much!!! I appreciate your reply and the link - I don't feel so alone in that now! Another wierd question - do you ever feel like your lips are puffed out?? ................ I think I don't have the muscle strength in my face to hold my lips in??!?! Ever heard of this??
Have you been diagnosed with MG officially?
THanks again, and best to you too!
Are you still able to whistle? I´ve heard that some have problems with that. I have to admit weakness in my facial area was limited to masseters and suprahyoid muscles under the chin. Tongue felt WAY too big for my mouth and when I would read bedtime stories to my child I was fine at the beginning of the book but sounded like a drunk by the end of it. At my worst I was falling over into my dinner plate in front of guests as my trunk muscles could no longer hold me up towards the end of a meal. So there you are bny806…. plenty of us with strange symptoms - you are not alone!!

I have 2 suspected seronegative MG diagnoses from 12 months ago. And due to a ´comedy ´of errors, with one unfolding after another, I ended up having to wait a whole year to get my upcoming SFEMG. In the meanwhile Mestinon, ice, rest of specific muscles all help. Whereas antibiotics, heat, repetitive use of specific muscles, provoke myasthenic weakness during a flare up.

Wishing you renewed strength asap

Anacrusis
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote