View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 05:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear sillybrain,

You read my mind.

I was just contemplating starting a thread on PMS. I have now been through several cycles since my concussion. The first one was horrific as far as the level of mood simply falling into the basement. I am dreading the next one since I can feel my mood already spiraling downward. It sure seems linked to hormonal and neuro-chemical changes since about a day or two into the cycle my mood goes back up.

It also doesn't seem that this low mood is touched by strategies shown to relieve depression such as exercise, light, positive self talk, meditation etc.

This has led me to think it has a very large chemical component

Thanks for bringing this topic up!! Take care.

Suffered a patient attack on Valentine's Day 2012; kicked in the head resulting in severe concussion. 50+ professional woman on leave from psych hospital job. Recovering from dizziness, nausea, sequential processing deficits, headaches, sprained neck, memory loss, mood fluctuation, fatigue, and general malaise. Treatments: MD, Neuro MD, Physical therapy, psychotherapy, medication.

"Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it;
I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security." Jer, 33:6
Laura G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote