View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi pmaltby,

Is there any chance you could have an IV placed in your hand? Oral surgeons can provide a sedation called twilight... which puts the patient to sleep but is easy to come out of after the procedure. A local anesthetic is also used to make the surgical site profoundly numb for several hours.

Other alternatives are oral sedation with valium, xanax or halcion ... and/or nitrous oxide gas and again local anesthetic is always used. All of these options can put you in a very relaxed state.

Your imagination is getting the best of you, fear will do that. Your thoughts of the procedure are actually worse than the procedure itself... trust me on this... I've assisted on countless surgeries like this.

I totally understand your fear.... completely. However, to be very honest with you.... you need to be equally afraid, if not more so, of this type of infection.

Please schedule an appointment with an oral surgeon asap.

We'll be right here for you...
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaltby3486 View Post
Hi,im so happy you wrote back. I saw your previous responses and was really hoping you would. Like i previously stated i am terrified of all this and was wondering how typically they go about anesthesia? I have no veins for an i.v. so do they still use gas to knock you out.i cant even bare the thought of just novicaine and see a scalpel and pliers coming my way. And thst crunching sound....oh god!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote