Thread: Feeling Lost
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for the messages. I realize that by saying I have tried everything it does not sound completely realistic...but out of everything accessible to me this is true. I go into a doctor now and after explaning myself I get told...always...that there is nothing left...not because there is nothing available out there but because I don't have any money...even the $20 I spend a month on sleeping pills isn't easy for me to spare and that is all I have to fight this. It's insane to expect that of me. Who here with 10 or more years of brutally painful RSD is currently on completely nothing? It's close to everywere on my body but my right leg and they expect me to just deal with it. They dangle hope in front of my face...forced minutes later to snatch it away and make excuses. Some doctors have actually been embarassed about this and others are just cold...I am not worth the extra effort to them. I wonder why they became doctors in the first place. There are some medications that I have not even come close to having since they are impossible for me to afford both now and in the future. I never graduated because of this disease...I have nothing and I never will because I can't work. I want to work so much but I just can't. I hear about some drugs that work wonders for other people with RSD but they are too damn expensive...one actually ended up costing more than my rent...and I will never know if they could have helped me. I am limited to 'free' medicine that the government considers 'essential'...anti-depressant anti-convulsant etc. The list isn't very long and they are all mostly geared towards pain that isn't chronic or other recognized conditions completely inrelated to RSD. I have had painkillers that you can only have while you are in a hospital...simply because they knew I couldn't afford anything at a drugstore or clinic and the disease was spreading too fast. Now even that small kindness has been put to a permanent stop and I am going downhill again. Good strong painkillers that I can take from home apparently don't fall into the reasoning of the government...even when it's so bad it can barely get out of bed. I am 'too young' and therefore anything that is a narcotic is fiercely denied to me completely based on my age group and the assumption that because of my age I will get addicted. I have no quality of life and that is somehow better to them then some control over the pain that has wrecked my life. I thought about posting a list of everything I have been on for help in filling in the gaps of treatment options from this community...but honestly it would upset me too much and my mind just isn't working right now to make such a list. I am sure there would be some wonderful suggestions and it would help me to remember the drug and treatment names that have slipped my mind over the years but I can't really handle right now the crushing feeling of seeing all the things that could help...many that I have known about for years in front of my in print while knowing that when I walk into another doctors office with that same list in hand I will walk out crying. I don't know what to do...or what I am asking for here. Maybe some treatment procedures? I have had epidurals, ketamine, lidocaine, nerve blocks but nothing recent and nothing scheduled in future. I just want the pain to go down. It's too much to handle.
ElsieGrant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-08-2012)