View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

When lipoic acid is used as a chelator of heavy metals (mostly mercury), it is used this way every 4 hours.

This may be a clue to your cause of your PN. Not everyone is going to need this extremely high dose. AND you may not need it this high forever, so be flexible as time passes. Your body may change its needs with time.

Can you clarify the name? Is your product Doctor's Best R-lipoic acid stabilized? If so the word alpha is not in that particular product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous1 View Post
Dr S/ Mrs D,

I began taking Doctors Best R Alpha Lipoic Acid @ 100mg a couple of weeks ago then slowly titrated my way up to 200, 300 and now today at 600mg. I really did not notice any difference until today when I started taking 200mg 3 times daily spread out at a minimum of 4 hours apart. (Read you should somewhere or bad things can happen?)
So far I have noticed improvement in pain and burning in my feet. I know it is too soon to tell, maybe I am in the honeymoon phase or just having a good day, but this is the most hope I have had since this treachery started 8 months ago. I am going to have to ask my doctor to help me closely monitor my blood sugar to make sure it does not drop too low. But I am hopeful right now I will post again in a few days...

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nervous (09-06-2012)