View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 11:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello!

I have RSD/CRPS in my face, both hands, left arm, left leg and right foot. I had two (thoracic & cervical) SCS implanted in June 2011 and am so thankful I did. They do not promise to take away 100% of your pain, but it has to be at least 50% reduction in order for the implant to be done. With this much pain, 50% reduction is huge to me!!

My spread happened before the implants were placed, surgery did not cause it for me. The cervical stim helped me regain use of my hands, have the ability to raise my arm all the way (couldn't raise it much before the scs) and they have both reduced my hypersensitivity everywhere drastically! I am by no means pain free, but I am much better off than I was a year ago.

Scrapoholic - you need to find a good PM dr that you are comfortable with and treats you well...I know that is hard to find, but they are out there! There are many options out there, but they have to do them right away for the best chance of success!

I had a whole series of nerve blocks for my face 21 years ago and they helped tremendously...I was in remission for a long time. When it came back (hand injury), the diagnosis took too long and it spread like wildfire. The blocks did not help that go around...it was too late. My last option was the SCS, so I took it. The great thing is that you can try the SCS out before getting the permanent!

I wish you the best of luck!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote