View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just started the inhalers, etc. for COPD and I've never had such pain in my life! It's only been 10days and I can barely walk!

I talked to my pharmacist first, and then called my doctor and told him that these inhalers cause MUSCLE AND BONE PAIN according to the pharmacist and then I looked it up online and it's also listed that way on the FDA WEBSITE!!!! My doctor said "Well, I've never heard of THAT" and I have to go in on Monday to "talk too him about it." What? What is there to talk about? I can barely WALK. I'm a chronic pain patient to begin with, as I have a crummy spine that has been operated on 3 times --- and now 3 heads of neurosurgery and different hospitals have deemed me inoperable! So my only course of treatment is pain medication, as I've had every single thing that a pain management doctor can do.

And he wants to "talk about it?" If he thinks I'm going to continue on these things he's crazy. I've lived in horrible pain for 26 years already until he finally found a combo of drugs that keep me comfortable. I'd rather just die than use these inhalers!

Why don't these doctors keep informed of things? I realize there's thousands of drugs, but the ones he gave me were SAMPLES. Shouldn't he have looked at the inserts BEFORE he handed them to me? Sure seems like it to me, because even the inserts say "causes muscle & bone pain."

Good grief.

Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote