View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock3 View Post
I'm new to the boards. Was diagnosed with bi-lateral TOS in March 2012. My story is not unique. Had pain in shoulders, neck, head, SCM, scalenes etc. for over 3 years. Was very physically fit and active, with no known injury to the area. Have been thru the TOS shuffle, many doctors, many misdiagnosis. I do have 2 extra ribs but chest xray shows they are tiny. I have been to a thoracic surgeon and second opinion with a peripheral nerve surgeon. One at Hopkins, the other at Georgetown University. My next step would be to try Botox and PT. I would like to avoid surgery if possible. I was hoping that I could find ppl who had tried the Botox and what their experience was like. For the people who have managed to avoid surgery - any great tips or advice? Hoping for some success stories
I have had several rounds of botox and it produced temporary relief every time. If you are open to botox, it's worth trying to see if you can stop the progression or even improve. I wasn't able to avoid surgery due to anatomical reasons but I am also glad that I did surgery. I'm 8 years post op on one side with no symptoms and 6 weeks post-op on the other side.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NerPain4 (11-20-2012), Woodstock3 (09-06-2012)