View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Has anyone mentioned rebound headache or medication rebound? (Google those terms to learn more)

Doc
No Doc, no one has mentioned anything to me about my headaches.... nothing at all! Other than my PCP rx'ing naproxen 500 mg 2 times a day prn, no reason or look into the headaches has even been explored. And, the naproxen, I'm taking 1 daily, usually in the morning, about when I get to work, so around 8 am.... and it's enough to take the edge off the headache to make it tolerable, but that's it. It doesn't ever seem to truly go away.

It does seem to be less painful when I am laying down vs sitting up..... but short of some kind of heavy duty pain meds, which then would not allow me to work cuz I'd be a space cadet, not sure what to do. Sometimes, usually at home, in the evenings or weekend, I get sooo sensitive to sounds (which is great when you have young children) just making my head throb. Funny think is that I"m hard of hearing... so I tend to take out or turn off my hearing aids, but even that doesn't help. (I never had headaches really, except little ones ladies get just before their cycle starts... hormonal ones).

My vision is slightly blurry w or without my glasses on (and I'd just gotten new glasses in January before all this "mystery neurological illness stuff" started in February. But the headache is not likely vision related (I'm a vision therapist, trained in vision and low vision at the master's level). Though I am being referred to a neuro-ophthalmologist, per my request, so hopefully I will have that appointment in the not to distant future.

I think it may somehow be related to the overall condition I've been dealing with since February which has yet to be determined. I have been working w a Neurologist (my 2nd neurologist).... had a bunch of tests, but so far, nothing "remarkable". So, more waiting and more testing.

I'll google what you've suggested. Thanks!! I can ask my PCP doc when I see her in a few week about what you've mentioned...... Amy Kate.
Amy Kate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote