View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans8 View Post
I had botox 3 weeks ago and have had marginal relief if anything. I was really doing it to confirm TOS as I already had great relief from the scalene block. Now I am really confused and so is the vascular surgeon. I have a bad case of this stuff (or something) and really thought we had this nailed down after years of suffering. I am not sure what to do next. Does anyone know if failure to get much relief from botox rules you out for TOS?

I am thinking about going out of town to one of the national experts as my local person does not seem as experienced as I thought.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks for your response! I had relief from the scalene block too. But that's more like a numbing agent, so Im thinking that if you inject there anywhere, you will have relief. I've had botox injected into my neck and shoulder musles, but it did not provide pain relief.

I don't think the fact that it doesn't work rules out TOS. Have you had other tests that confirm, like MRI or EMG or physical exam?

I think we are all scared about making the right decision about surgery. So many conflicting opinions and theories along with outcomes that aren't always successful. It's all very confusing:confused
Woodstock3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote